(1) The Director of Health shall be the Chairman of the Board and as Chairman shall have both a deliberative and a casting vote. (Amended L.N. 76 of 1989)
(2) If the Chairman of the Board is absent from any meeting of the Board, the members present at such meeting shall elect from among their number a member to act as chairman and the person so elected shall have all the powers of the Chairman for the purposes of that meeting.
(3) The Board shall meet at such times and at such places as the Chairman shall from time to time direct.
(4) 5 members of the Board shall constitute a quorum at meetings.
(5) A vacancy among the members of the Board or any defect in their appointment shall not affect the validity of any proceedings of the Board.
(6) At meetings of the Board all questions shall be decided by the votes of a majority of the members of the Board present.
(6A) (a) The Board may transact any of its business by circulation of papers and, subject to paragraphs (b) and (c), a resolution in writing which is approved in writing by all the members present in Hong Kong (being not less than the number required to constitute a majority of the Board) shall be as valid and effectual as if it had been passed at a meeting of the Board by the votes of the members so approving the resolution.
(b) Any member of the Board may, by notice in writing to the Chairman of the Board, require any business which is being transacted by circulation of papers to be transacted at a meeting of the Board.
(c) Where a notice under paragraph (b) has been given to the Chairman of the Board, any resolution in respect of the business the subject of the notice, which has been approved in writing by the members under paragraph (a) shall be void. (Added 68 of 1995 s. 25)
(7) The Board may make standing orders for regulating the procedure and the conduct of its meetings.