||Title:||MASS TRANSIT RAILWAY (LAND RESUMPTION AND RELATED PROVISIONS) ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||29 of 1998 s. 105|
|Section:||14||Heading:||Removal of projections or obstructions||Version Date:||01/07/1997|
Amendments retroactively made - see 29 of 1998 s. 105
(1) The Director may give notice to the owner of any building in the railway area requiring him to remove any object or structure described in the notice which is attached to or projects from the building if in the opinion of the Director the removal of the object or structure is required for the purposes of the construction of the railway.
(2) A notice under subsection (1) may be given to the owner of a building and shall be deemed to have been received by him if it is affixed to some conspicuous part of the building to or from which the object or structure is attached or projects.
(3) A notice under subsection (1) shall-
(4) If the owner of the building does not comply with a notice given to him under subsection (1) any public officer authorized in that behalf by the Director of Buildings or the Director of Lands may enter the building and the land surrounding it, together with such other persons as he thinks necessary, and remove the object or structure described in the notice or cause it to be removed by those other persons. (Amended L.N. 291 of 1993)
(a) describe the object or structure to be removed;
(b) stipulate the period within which the work of removal shall be carried out;
(c) be given to the owner of the building not later than 14 days before the commencement of that period; and
(d) state that any person entitled to compensation under this Ordinance may serve a written claim upon the Director.
(5) An object or structure removed under subsection (4) shall, whether or not it was erected or maintained in contravention of any Ordinance, be forfeited to the Government free from the rights of any person and may be disposed of as the Director of Buildings or the Director of Lands thinks fit. (Amended L.N. 291 of 1993; 29 of 1998 s. 105)
(6) In this section "owner" (擁有人) means the person holding the land direct from the Government under a Government lease. (Amended 29 of 1998 s. 105)