|283A||Title:||HOUSING (TRAFFIC) BY-LAWS||Gazette Number:|
|Bylaw:||26||Heading:||Offences by drivers||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) The driver of a vehicle in a car park shall comply with all lawful directions given to him by any attendant or authorized officer.
(2) The driver of a vehicle in a car park shall obey all signs and signals exhibited in the car park for the direction or regulation of vehicles therein.
(3) The driver of a vehicle in a car park shall park the vehicle in such place in the car park as an attendant or authorized officer may direct. (L.N. 418 of 1984)
(3A) No driver shall bring into a car park a vehicle which is carrying dangerous goods to which the Dangerous Goods Ordinance (Cap 295) applies. (L.N. 418 of 1984)
(4) When a vehicle has been parked in a car park, the driver and all passengers shall leave the car park as soon as is practicable thereafter by such means of exit from the car park as is indicated by signs erected under by-law 16.
(4A) The registered owner of a vehicle which is used in connection with an alleged offence under this by-law shall, within 21 days of a request by an authorized officer, supply all the information within the knowledge of the registered owner which will enable the Authority to ascertain the name and address of the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence. (L.N. 147 of 1982; L.N. 418 of 1984)
(5) The driver of a vehicle in a car park shall, when so requested, give his name and address to any attendant or authorized officer.
(6) No person shall sound a warning instrument in a car park.
(7) No person shall park a vehicle in a car park in such a manner that the vehicle unnecessarily projects over any line or other mark which divides the parking space in which the vehicle is parked from any other parking space or from any other part of the car park.
(8) Any person who without reasonable excuse contravenes this by-law commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $2000. (L.N. 418 of 1984)