||Title:||WEIGHTS AND MEASURES ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||27||Heading:||Powers of sale or disposal of perishable goods seized||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Subject to subsection (4), the Commissioner may sell or otherwise dispose of, in such manner as he sees fit, any goods of a perishable nature seized under section 24.
(2) Where any goods are sold under subsection (1), the Commissioner may deduct from the proceeds of sale any reasonable expenses or disbursements incurred in respect of the seizure, detention and sale.
(3) The proceeds of sale less any expenses or disbursements deducted under subsection (2)-
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (1), if goods to which this section applies are of no appreciable value or of value so small in the opinion of the Commissioner as to render impractical the sale thereof, the Commissioner may cause the goods to be destroyed or otherwise disposed of in such manner as he sees fit.
(a) may, if the owner of the goods sold is known or becomes known before the expiration of 6 months from the date of sale, be paid to the owner or his authorized agent;
(b) shall, in any case where paragraph (a) does not apply, be paid into the general revenue after the expiration of 6 months from the date of sale.
(5) The powers conferred on the Commissioner under this section may be exercised whether or not any person has been charged or convicted of any offence under this Ordinance.