(1) The Authority may establish such committees for the better performance of its functions and exercise of its powers as it thinks fit.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the Authority's power to establish committees under subsection (1), the Authority may-
(a) for a particular region of Hong Kong, establish a committee, to be called a Regional Advisory Committee, to provide the Authority with advice-
(i) on the needs of that region for hospital services; and
(ii) to assist the Authority in the better performance of its functions and exercise of its powers in relation to that region; or
(b) for a particular public hospital, establish a committee, to be called a Hospital Governing Committee, to govern the public hospital in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance and any directions of the Authority.
(3) The relevant provisions of Schedule 3 shall have effect with respect to a committee and its members.
(4) Subject to the relevant provisions of Schedule 3, the Authority-
(a) may appoint members of the Authority, and persons who are not such members, to be members of a committee; and
(b) shall appoint the chairman of a committee and determine the number of members of a committee.
(5) Part VII of the Interpretation and General Clauses Ordinance (Cap 1) shall apply to a committee and appointments to the committee except in so far as it is inconsistent with the provisions of this Ordinance.