|138||Title:||PHARMACY AND POISONS ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||10A||Heading:||Registered pharmacist not to practise without practising certificate||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Subject to this section, a registered pharmacist shall not practise as a pharmacist in Hong Kong, unless he is the holder of a practising certificate which is then in force.
(2) Subject to the payment of the prescribed fee for the issue of a practising certificate, the Secretary, on application made to him for that purpose by a registered pharmacist, shall issue to him a certificate to the effect that he is, subject to any conditions and restrictions specified in the certificate, entitled to practise as a pharmacist in Hong Kong.
(3) Where a practising certificate is issued pursuant to an application made during the course of a year in respect of that year, the certificate shall, subject to subsection (5), be in force from the time of its issue until the end of that year.
(4) Where a practising certificate is issued pursuant to an application made during the course of a year in respect of the following year, the certificate shall, subject to subsection (5), be in force for a period of 12 months commencing on 1 January in that following year.
(5) If at any time during the currency of a practising certificate issued under this section, the holder of the certificate ceases to be registered under this Ordinance, the certificate shall thereupon be deemed to be cancelled.
(6) Any person who is required under this section to be the holder of a practising certificate under this section shall be deemed to have obtained the certificate when he has duly applied to the Secretary and paid the prescribed fee for the issue of the practising certificate.
(7) A person who is required under this section to be the holder of a practising certificate shall not be entitled to recover any fees, costs or other remuneration on any cause of action unless he was, at the time when the cause of action arose, the holder of a valid practising certificate.
(8) This section applies to any person whose name has been entered on the register of pharmacists.