(1) The sewage system shall have sufficient fall and capacity to-
(a) carry away efficiently all waste from processing operations; and
(b) prevent, so far as possible, blockage or over-load of the system.
(2) Traps in the sewage system-
(a) shall not be located near any part of the premises where carcasses or poultry products are-
(i) inspected, processed, handled or stored; or
(ii) loaded into vehicles for removal from the poultry export factory;
(b) shall be fitted with covers; and
(c) shall be so constructed that they may be readily cleaned out.
(3) In areas of the premises which are required to be washed down frequently, every floor drain shall be-
(a) equipped with a deep seal trap; and
(b) so installed that effluent cannot back up and flood the floor.
(4) Floor drains in areas of the premises which do not require to be washed down at frequent intervals, need not be equipped with deep seal traps if-
(a) the Director is satisfied that the traps are unnecessary; and
(b) the floor drains are connected to a secondary drainage system which in turn discharges into a properly trapped and vented expansion chamber in such manner that if any back up occurs no effluent will enter the premises.
(5) Drainage from latrines and urinals-
(a) shall be by means of separate soil pipes until the effluent passes outside the premises;
(b) shall not discharge into a grease trap; and
(c) shall not enter the sewer lines at a point where there is a possibility of the effluent backing up and flooding the floor of the premises.