Caution : This is a past version. See the current version for the latest position.
APPOINTMENT OF THE OMBUDSMAN
(Amended 74 of 1996 s. 11)
(1) For the purpose of conducting investigations in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance there shall be a public officer known as The Ombudsman. (Amended 74 of 1996 s. 5)
(2) The Ombudsman shall be appointed in writing under the hand of the Governor.
(3) Any person appointed as Ombudsman shall, subject to subsection (4), hold office for a period of 5 years and shall be eligible for reappointment.
(4) A person appointed to be the Ombudsman may-
(a) at any time resign his office by notice in writing to the Governor;
(b) be removed from office by the Governor with the approval by resolution of the Legislative Council on the ground of inability to discharge the functions of his office, or misbehaviour.
(5) The emoluments of the Ombudsman, and the terms and conditions of his appointment, shall be determined by the Governor.
(6) Any salary or other benefit payable to the Ombudsman shall be charged on the general revenue.