MIDWIVES (REGISTRATION AND DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE) REGULATION
L.N. 315 of 1999
Consideration of complaint or information by Committee
(1) A meeting of the Committee shall be held in camera.
(2) At a meeting of the Committee, the secretary shall submit for the Committee's consideration the following-
(a) the complaint or information to be considered by the Committee;
(b) any declaration or document furnished which is related to the complaint or information;
(c) any written explanation submitted by the respondent; and
(d) any other document or matter which the secretary has obtained and which is in the nature of evidence relevant to or in support of the complaint or information.
(3) After considering the matters referred to in subsection (2), and any other explanation submitted by the respondent at the meeting, the Committee may, subject to subsection (4), determine that-
(a) no inquiry shall be held; or
(b) the complaint or information shall, in whole or in part, be referred to the Council for inquiry.
(4) A determination under subsection (3)(a) shall only be made if supported by a majority of the members; otherwise the Committee shall make a determination under subsection (3)(b).
(5) Before making any determination under subsection (3), the Committee may cause to be made such further investigations and may obtain such additional advice or assistance as it considers necessary.