BUILDERS' LIFTS AND TOWER WORKING PLATFORMS (SAFETY) ORDINANCE
Procedure on application for registration
(1) Every application for inclusion in the register of contractors shall be made to the Director in the form specified by him and shall be accompanied by the prescribed fee.
(2) The Director shall not include a person in the register of contractors unless he is satisfied that, in the case of-
(a) an individual, he is a competent worker or else employs at least one competent worker;
(b) a company, it employs at least one competent worker;
(c) a partnership, at least one partner is a competent worker or the partnership employs at least one competent worker.
(3) In considering an application under subsection (1), the Director may require the applicant to submit such further particulars as the Director may require and shall have regard to the qualifications and experience of-
(a) the applicant, if an individual who, or partnership which, does not employ a competent worker; or
(b) competent workers employed by the applicant to supervise and carry out the lift work.
(4) The Director shall, within 3 months of his receipt of an application under subsection (1) or such further particulars as he may require under subsection (3)-
(a) where he is of the opinion that the applicant, if applicable, and any persons employed by the applicant are qualified and experienced in accordance with subsection (2), include the name of the applicant in the register of contractors and shall issue to the applicant a certificate in the specified form; or
(b) where he is of the opinion that the applicant, if applicable, and any persons employed by the applicant are not qualified and experienced in accordance with subsection (2), refuse the application and notify the applicant in writing of his refusal.
(5) Any person whose application for inclusion in the register of contractors is refused may, within 1 month of the date of notification to him of the refusal, appeal to an appeal board by submitting the appeal to the Director.
(6) Registration under this section shall be effective for a period of 3 years and, where a person wishes to continue to be registered, he shall, at least 3 months before the registration would otherwise cease, apply for re-registration in the form specified by the Director and pay the prescribed fee.