(1) A person who receives a notice under section 3(1) or (3) of the Ordinance may pay the fixed penalty within the period of time stated in the notice-
(a) by post addressed to the Treasury, P.O. Box No. 28000, Gloucester Road Post Office, Hong Kong; (L.N. 165 of 2001)
(b) personally or through his agent-
(i) at any Post Office other than a post office letter box or a mobile post office; or (L.N. 165 of 2001)
(ii) at any magistracy specified in the notice;
(iii) (Repealed L.N. 165 of 2001)
(c) through any automated teller machine of a bank; (L.N. 165 of 2001)
(d) by phone by using the service commonly known as PPS; or (L.N. 165 of 2001; 10 of 2008 s. 50)
(e) through the Internet. (L.N. 165 of 2001)
(2) A person who wishes to pay the fixed penalty in accordance with subregulation (1)(a) or (b) shall deliver the notice to which the payment relates together with the remittance in accordance with the payment instructions as set out in the notice.
(3) When any payment is made in accordance with this regulation, it shall be of the amount specified in the notice or, where payment is made in respect of more than one notice, of the total amounts specified in the notices.
(4) Where any amount is paid otherwise than in accordance with this regulation, the Director of Accounting Services may return it to the payer.
(5) Subject to subregulation (4), the Director of Accounting Services shall, as soon as practicable after payment of a fixed penalty has been made in accordance with subregulation (1)(b), send to the person paying a receipt for the payment.