|478I||Title:||MERCHANT SHIPPING (SEAFARERS) (CREW ACCOMMODATION) REGULATION||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||19||Heading:||Interior finishes||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) The interior walls and ceilings of all parts of the crew accommodation shall be painted or covered with a suitable material. Paint shall be white or light in colour.
(2) Paints, varnishes and other surface materials which have a nitro-cellulose or other highly flammable base shall not be used in the crew accommodation.
(3) Un-upholstered parts of furniture and fittings shall be made of polished hardwood or of a smooth, rust-proof material, impervious to dirt and moisture, which is not likely to warp, crack or become corroded.
(4) Wooden parts of the furniture and fittings and any panelling or other wooden surfaces in the crew accommodation shall be finished externally with paint or varnish or by some other suitable means.
(5) All paints, varnish and other surface finishes in the crew accommodation shall be such that they can easily be kept clean.
(6) The interior of the crew accommodation and all furniture and fittings in it shall be so made, fitted and arranged as not to be likely to harbour dirt or vermin.