|406E||Title:||ELECTRICITY (WIRING) REGULATIONS||Gazette Number:|
|Regulation:||4||Heading:||General safety requirements||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Good workmanship and suitable materials shall be used.
(2) A fixed electrical installation shall be designed, constructed, installed and protected so as to prevent danger.
(3) Electrical equipment shall be installed so that it is capable of being identified, maintained, inspected and tested, where appropriate, so as to prevent danger.
(4) Electrical equipment that requires operation, maintenance or attention shall be installed so as to provide adequate and safe means of access and working space.
(5) The owner and person in control of a substation or switchroom shall ensure that unauthorized entry into his substation or switchroom is prevented.
(6) The owner and person in control of premises in which a switchroom or substation is located shall ensure that their entrances and exits are kept clear of obstructions that could prevent easy access to the switchroom or substation.
(7) A registered electrical worker shall ensure that safety precautions are taken to prevent danger arising from electrical wiring work done by him or under his supervision.