|115P||Title:||IMMIGRATION (VIETNAMESE BOAT PEOPLE) (SHEK KWU CHAU DETENTION CENTRE) RULES||Gazette Number:|
|Rule:||9||Heading:||Examination and search||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) All persons, vehicles, vessels and helicopters entering or leaving the Centre may, for good cause, be examined and searched.
(2) The Manager may refuse admission to the Centre of a person who is unwilling to be examined and searched.
(3) A person suspected of bringing into or carrying out of the Centre any article without the permission of the Manager may be stopped and detained by the Manager or by a representative and immediate notice thereof shall be given to the Superintendent who may order that the person shall be examined and searched.
(4) The Superintendent may direct the removal from the Centre of a person who while in the Centre is unwilling to be examined or searched and for that purpose may use or authorize the use of such force as may be necessary.
(5) The searching of any person under this rule shall be conducted with due regard to decency and self-respect, and in as seemly a manner as is consistent with the necessity of discovering any concealed articles.
(6) No person shall be searched by, or in the presence of, a person of the opposite sex.