||Title:||HONG KONG ACADEMY OF MEDICINE ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||60 of 2000|
|Section:||6||Heading:||Recognition of Academy Colleges and Faculties||Version Date:||01/07/1997|
Adaptation amendments retroactively made - see 60 of 2000 s. 3
(1) The Academy may, on an application being made in that behalf by a college, recognize that college as an Academy College as regards the specialty of that college.
(2) The Academy may, on an application being made in that behalf by an Academy College, recognize any group of members of that Academy College, whom the Academy is satisfied is engaged in the study or practice of a particular specialty of medicine, as a Faculty of that Academy College as regards that particular specialty.
(3) The Academy may recognize any Faculty as an Academy College as regards the specialty of that Faculty-
(4) Where any Faculty is recognized as an Academy College under subsection (3), the recognition of it as a Faculty under subsection (2) shall cease to have effect.
(a) on an application being made in that behalf by the Academy College of which it is a Faculty; and
(b) where the Faculty is an association of persons which is a society to which the Societies Ordinance (Cap 151) applies or a company within the meaning of the Companies Ordinance (Cap 32).
(5) The Academy may withdraw any recognition under-
(6) The powers of the Academy under this section shall, during the interim period but not otherwise, be exercised by the Council and any application or representations referred to in this section shall, during that period, be made to the Council.
(a) subsection (1) or (3) after giving the Academy College concerned notice, of not less than 30 days beginning from the date of such notice, of its intention to do so and affording it an opportunity to make representations to the Academy; and
(b) subsection (2) after giving the Faculty concerned notice, of not less than 30 days beginning from the date of such notice, of its intention to do so, through the Academy College of which it is a Faculty, and affording it an opportunity to make representations to the Academy through that Academy College.
(7) Subject to this section, any recognition or withdrawal of recognition under this section shall be in accordance with the relevant bylaws.
(8) The name of any Academy College or Faculty, recognized for the time being, shall be included in a Schedule to this Ordinance.
(9) The Chief Executive may, for the purposes of subsection (8), by order published in the Gazette- (Amended 60 of 2000 s. 3)
(a) amend this Ordinance by the addition of a Schedule thereto; and
(b) amend any such Schedule.