(1) For the purpose of providing practical guidance in respect of any requirements under this Ordinance, the Authority may-
(a) approve and issue such codes of practice (whether prepared by him or not) as in his opinion are suitable for that purpose; and
(b) approve such codes of practice issued or proposed to be issued otherwise than by him as in his opinion are suitable for that purpose.
(2) A code of practice-
(a) may consist of a code, standard, rule, specification or any other documentary form of practical guidance prepared by the Authority or other body or authority; and
(b) may apply, incorporate or refer to any document that has been formulated or published by a body or authority either as in force at the time when the document is approved by the Authority or as amended, formulated or published from time to time.
(3) Where a code of practice is approved under subsection (1), the Authority shall, by notice in the Gazette-
(a) identify the code concerned and specify the date on which its approval is to take effect; and
(b) specify for which requirements under this Ordinance the code is so approved.
(4) The Authority may-
(a) from time to time revise the whole or any part of any code of practice prepared by him under this section; and
(b) approve any revision or proposed revision of the whole or any part of any code of practice for the time being approved under this section,
and the provisions of subsection (3) shall, with the necessary modifications, apply in relation to any approval or revision under this subsection as they apply in relation to the approval of a code of practice under subsection (1).
(5) The Authority may at any time withdraw his approval from any code of practice approved under this section.
(6) Where under subsection (5) the Authority withdraws his approval from a code of practice approved under this section, he shall, by notice in the Gazette, identify the code concerned and specify the date on which its approval is to cease to have effect.
(7) References in this Ordinance to an approved code of practice are references to that code as it has effect for the time being by virtue of any revision of the whole or any part of it approved under this section.
(8) The power of the Authority under subsection (1)(b) to approve a code of practice issued or proposed to be issued otherwise than by him shall include power to approve a part of such a code and, accordingly, in this Ordinance, "code of practice" may be read as including a part of such a code.