||Title:||IMPORT AND EXPORT ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||20A||Heading:||Removal of articles may be prohibited until importer known||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) In this section and section 20B-
"article" (物品) means article of cargo;
"consignee" (收貨人) includes the agent of the consignee and any person entitled to the delivery of an article;
"officer" (人員) means any member of the Customs and Excise Service or any authorized officer.
(2) Where any article is upon any vessel, aircraft or vehicle for importation into Hong Kong and an officer, for the purpose of carrying out his functions under this Ordinance, requires to know the identity of the consignee of the article or to verify the particulars supplied to him by any person, or in any document, relating to the identity of the consignee, the officer may give notice to the owner of the vessel, aircraft or vehicle prohibiting such owner from removing, or permitting the removal of, the article-
save in accordance with permission therefor granted under subsection (4).
(a) from the vessel, aircraft or vehicle except to a place specified in the notice, being a place designated by such owner; and
(b) from such place,
(3) A copy of any notice given under subsection (2) shall, where the goods are to be stored in premises occupied by a person other than the owner of the vessel, aircraft or vehicle, be given also to the person occupying such premises and such person shall not remove, or permit the removal of, the article from his premises save in accordance with permission therefor granted under subsection (4).
(4) The officer giving notice under subsection (2) shall, as soon as reasonably practicable, after he knows of the identity, or he verifies the particulars, of the consignee of the article to which the notice relates, permit the person upon whom the notice is served to remove, or permit the removal of, the article from the place where, by virtue of the notice, it may lawfully be kept either-
(5) It shall be the duty of the person upon whom a notice is served under subsection (2) or (3), at any time prior to the grant of permission under subsection (4), upon obtaining information as to the identity or particulars of the consignee of the article to which the notice relates, being information not previously supplied by such person to the officer giving the notice, to supply such information to the officer specified in the notice.
(a) unconditionally, in which case he shall notify the person on whom the notice is served in writing; or
(b) after examination of the article in accordance with the powers vested in such officer under section 20.
(Added 36 of 1983 s. 5)