(1) Subject to subsection (2), an application for registration of a ship shall be made by the person or persons applying to be registered as owner, as follows-
(a) in the case of one or more individuals, by that or those persons, as the case may be, or by an individual or individuals appointed to act on his or their behalf;
(b) in the case of one or more bodies corporate, by an individual or individuals authorized to act on its or their behalf.
(2) An application for registration of a ship which is to be registered by virtue of section 11(1)(b) shall be made by both the demise charterer and the owner in the manner provided by subsection (1).
(3) Where an application is made by a person on behalf of an owner or demise charterer, the authority of that person shall be testified by writing-
(a) if appointed by one or more individuals, under the hand and seal of the person or persons so appointing him;
(b) if authorized by a body corporate possessing a common seal, under the seal of the body corporate; or
(c) if authorized by a body corporate not possessing a common seal, under the hand and seal of a person purporting to be authorized by the body corporate to make declarations on its behalf under section 84.
(4) An application made by a person authorized by a body corporate not possessing a common seal shall include a declaration by that person that the body concerned does not possess a common seal.
(5) An application shall be in the specified form and shall include, in addition to the declaration referred to in subsection (4) (if required)-
(a) the consent, in writing, of the representative person appointed in relation to the ship, to his appointment;
(b) in the case of a ship which is to be registered by virtue of section 11(1)(b)-
(i) the consent, in writing, of the owner to the ship's registration in Hong Kong; and
(ii) a declaration by both the owner and demise charterer-
(A) that the demise charterer is a qualified person;
(B) that the demise charterer will under the demise charter have possession of the ship and control of all matters relating to the navigation and operation of the ship including employment of the master and crew; and (Amended 9 of 2001 s. 4)
(C) that the ship will not be registered elsewhere for so long as it is registered in Hong Kong.
(6) An application shall be accompanied by declarations made under section 20(1) or (2), as the case may be.