|539||Title:||HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION PASSPORTS ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||127 of 1997|
|Section:||5||Heading:||Amendment of passport||Version Date:||01/07/1997|
(1) Where the Director is satisfied that any particular or matter recorded in an existing passport does not accurately describe the identity of the holder thereof, he may upon application of the holder amend the passport in such manner as he thinks appropriate.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), an amendment of an existing passport includes replacing the holder's photograph in the passport with a more recent photograph of the holder.
(3) If the Director thinks appropriate, he may, instead of amending an existing passport, issue another passport in substitution for the existing passport in order to incorporate the amendment thereto.
(4) If the holder of a passport has not attained 16 years of age at the date of the issue of the passport and the application under subsection (1) only relates to the replacement of the holder's photograph in the passport with a more recent photograph of the holder, section 7(c) shall not apply.
(5) A passport issued under subsection (3) shall expire on the same date on which the passport being substituted would have expired if not so substituted.