|607||Title:||GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (CONTROL OF RELEASE) ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||L.N. 170 of 2010|
(1) If an applicant under a GMO approval application or variation request is aggrieved by a decision under section 10(1)(a), 11(5)(a), 12(1) or 16(3)(a), or a direction under section 12(7), the applicant may, within 28 days after receiving notice of the decision or direction, appeal to the Administrative Appeals Board against that decision or direction.
(2) If a person who is directed under section 41(2) to dispose of a thing is aggrieved by the direction, the person may, within 28 days after receiving notice of the direction, appeal to the Administrative Appeals Board against that direction.
(3) After lodging an appeal under subsection (1), the applicant must, pending the Administrative Appeals Board°¶s decision on the appeal, cause the GMO to which the appeal relates to be kept in a manner that effectively limits its contact with, and its impact on, the environment.
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply if the GMO has already been released into the environment.
(5) If an appeal is lodged against a direction referred to in subsection (1) or (2), the applicant or person is not required to carry out the direction pending the Administrative Appeals Board°¶s decision on the appeal.