(1) There shall be a Security and Guarding Services Industry Authority.
(2) The Authority shall consist of-
(a) the Chairman of the Authority, who shall be appointed by the Governor;
(b) the Secretary for Security or his representative; and
(c) 5 other persons appointed by the Governor. (Amended 25 of 2000 s. 3)
(3) The Authority shall appoint one of the members of the Authority (other than the Chairman of the Authority) as Vice-chairman.
(4) The Secretary for Security shall appoint a Secretary to the Authority.
(5) The Chairman of the Authority and other members of the Authority appointed under subsection (2)(c) may be remunerated and the amount (if any) of their remuneration shall be determined by the Governor, but this subsection does not authorize the payment of remuneration to any person employed full time as a public officer.
(6) Every appointment under subsection (2)(a) and (c) shall be notified in the Gazette.