MANDATORY PROVIDENT FUND SCHEMES (EXEMPTION) REGULATION
L.N. 203 of 1998; L.N. 68 of 1999
(1) The Authority may on an application in writing issue an exemption certificate to the relevant employer in respect of an ORSO exempted scheme if the Authority is satisfied that the application and the scheme comply with the requirements of or under this Regulation which are applicable to the application or scheme, as the case may be.
(2) An application under this section shall be-
(a) made by the relevant employer of the ORSO exempted scheme;
(b) made in such form as may be specified by the Authority;
(c) accompanied by-
(i) the prescribed fee; and
(ii) such information or documents (including statutory declarations) as may be specified by the Authority; and
(d) made before the specified date.
(3) Where the Authority receives an application under this section, the Authority may require the applicant to supply to the Authority such information or documents (including a legal opinion on a matter specified by the Authority) as the Authority shall specify which is reasonably required to enable him to determine the application.
(4) Where the Authority refuses an application for an exemption certificate, he shall give notice in writing of the refusal to the applicant and the notice shall state the reason for the refusal.
(5) An appeal under section 35 of the Ordinance against a decision of the Authority to refuse an application for an exemption certificate may be made by the applicant within 2 months after the date on which the notice concerned under subsection (4) is given.
*(6) In this section, "specified date" (指明日期) means a date specified by the Authority-
(a) by notice in the Gazette; and
(b) for the purposes of this section.
_________________________________________________________________________________ Note: * 4 May 2000 was the day specified under this section - see Cap 485 sub. leg. D.