|324||Title:||PROTECTION OF NON-GOVERNMENT CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||5||Heading:||Power to maintain register||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Any approved body may maintain a register or registers in such form and manner as it may think fit containing the names and addresses of such persons as it approves for the time being as eligible to receive certificates of origin under this Ordinance.
(2) Neither the maintenance of a register by an approved body nor the inclusion or exclusion of the name of any person therein or therefrom shall affect the discretion conferred on the approved body under section 4.
(3) Any approved body may, without assigning any reason therefor, refuse to register the name of any person or may delete from its register the name of any person for such period or periods as it may think fit.
(4) Any approved body may, if it thinks fit, publish, or cause or allow publication of, the name and address of any person whose name is entered in or deleted from its register.
(5) Any approved body may require any person who applies to have his name entered in its register to give such undertaking in respect of the conduct of his business as the approved body may require.
(6) Any person who contravenes any undertaking given by him under subsection (5) commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $500000 and to imprisonment for 2 years.