(1) The Secretary may make regulations permitting or requiring the provision or use of specified safety equipment by persons driving, riding in or on, or using, any class of vehicle and controlling the sale, hire or possession of specified safety equipment. (Amended 89 of 1994 s. 8; L.N. 106 of 2002; L.N. 130 of 2007; 6 of 2012 s. 2)
(2) The Chief Executive in Council may make regulations providing for the entry by a police officer of premises in which the police officer has reasonable grounds for believing that specified safety equipment not complying with the regulations is held for sale or hire, for the purpose of searching for and seizing such equipment. (Replaced 89 of 1994 s. 8. Amended 3 of 2002 s. 15)
(3) In this section specified safety equipment (指明安全裝備) means such equipment or apparatus as is specified in subsection (4).
(4) The following shall be specified safety equipment for the purposes of this section-
(a) crash helmets;
(b) safety belts and means of securing safety belts;
(c) fire fighting equipment.
(5) The Legislative Council may, by resolution, amend subsection (4).