HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION PASSPORTS (APPEAL BOARD) REGULATION
L.N. 305 of 1998
Chairman, Deputy Chairman and members
(1) The Secretary shall appoint from among persons who are qualified for appointment as District Judges under section 5 of the District Court Ordinance (Cap 336)-
(a) a Chairman of the Board; and
(b) a Deputy Chairman of the Board.
(2) The Secretary shall appoint a panel of persons whom he considers suitable for appointment as members of the Board.
(3) Subject to subsection (5), a person appointed as Chairman or Deputy Chairman or to the panel of persons, shall be appointed for a term of 3 years but may be reappointed.
(4) An appointment under this section shall be notified in the Gazette.
(5) Any person appointed under this section may resign by notice in writing to the Secretary.
(6) The remuneration and any subsequent revision, if any, of the Chairman, Deputy Chairman and other members of the Board considering, hearing and determining an appeal shall be determined by the Secretary and shall be payable out of the general revenue of Hong Kong.