||Title:||MARINE FISH CULTURE ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||13 of 2002|
|Section:||19||Heading:||Power of inspection and arrest||Version Date:||07/06/2002|
(1) If the Director or an authorized officer has reasonable grounds for suspecting that a person has committed or is about to commit an offence under this Ordinance, he may, without warrant and on proof of his identity, stop the person or, where the person is on board a vessel, stop and board the vessel for the purposes of requiring that person to-
(2) A person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to give his name and address or to produce his proof of identity when required to do so under subsection (1) or gives a false or misleading name or address commits an offence.
(a) give his name and address; and
(b) produce his proof of identity for inspection.
(3) The Director or an authorized officer may, without warrant, arrest a person who-
(4) If any person who may be arrested under this section forcibly resists the endeavour to arrest him, or attempts to evade the arrest, the Director or an authorized officer may use all means necessary to effect the arrest.
(a) contravenes subsection (2); or
(b) is reasonably suspected to have committed or is about to commit an offence under section 6 or 11.
(5) Where the Director or an authorized officer arrests a person under this section, he shall forthwith take the person to the nearest police station or hand him over to the custody of a police officer to be dealt with in accordance with the Police Force Ordinance (Cap 232).
(Replaced 13 of 2002 s. 5)