||Title:||Import and Export (General) Regulations||Gazette Number:||E.R. 1 of 2012|
|Regulation:||6BB||Heading:||Obligations of carrier||Version Date:||09/02/2012|
(1) This regulation applies where textiles are or are to be exported otherwise than as transhipment cargo in or on any vessel, aircraft or vehicle under an exemption issued to a registered textiles trader under regulation 6(3A).
(2) The export carrier shall not export the textiles until he has received from the registered textiles trader information, in electronic form or in paper form, that-
(a) includes all the items of particulars required to be contained in an export notification;
(3) The export carrier shall, within 14 days after the day on which the textiles are exported and using services provided by a specified body, deliver to the Director a copy or extract of the manifest of the exporting vessel, aircraft or vehicle, which copy or extract shall contain, in addition to the particulars required to be contained in a manifest under paragraph 3 of the Import and Export Manifests Notice (Cap 60 sub. leg. C), the reference number as informed.
(b) appears on its face to be information in respect of the textiles; and
(c) is indicated by the registered textiles trader to be-
(i) all the particulars contained in an export notification that the registered textiles trader has delivered to the Director in respect of the textiles as required in regulation 6BA(1)(a); and
(ii) the reference number assigned by the Director to that notification ("reference number as informed").
(4) Any person who contravenes paragraph (2) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of $500000 and to imprisonment for 1 year.
(5) Subject to regulation 6C, any person who contravenes paragraph (3) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2.
(L.N. 93 of 2003)