(1) Where the Director considers that an applicant is qualified to do business as an electrical contractor to carry out electrical work, and that the person meets any qualifications that may be prescribed in the regulations respecting registration, the Director may register the person as an electrical contractor and shall issue to him a certificate of registration.
(2) Where a partnership that is registered as an electrical contractor under subsection (1) acquires or loses a partner, the new partnership shall be deemed to continue to be registered under the name in which the original partnership was registered unless the Director, in a notice sent to the address on the register, states that he does not consider that the new partnership is qualified to be registered under subsection (1).
(3) The registration of the new partnership as a registered electrical contractor shall become void 4 weeks after the Director sends a notice under subsection (2).
(4) Any person may, without charge, inspect the register of electrical contractors.
(5) Where the Director refuses to register or renew the registration of an applicant, he shall notify the applicant and in the notice give his reasons for refusal.