||Title:||Electoral Affairs Commission Ordinance||Gazette Number:||E.R. 2 of 2012|
|Section:||8||Heading:||Report on elections||Version Date:||02/08/2012|
(1) Subject to subsections (5), (6) and (6A), within 3 months, or such longer period as the Chief Executive may allow in any particular case, of the conclusion of an election, the Commission shall make a report to the Chief Executive on matters relating to that election in respect of which the Commission has any function under this or any other Ordinance. (Amended 21 of 2001 s. 60; 2 of 2003 s. 68)
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), a report under that subsection shall include a report on any complaint made to the Commission in connection with that election.
(3) The Chief Executive may require the Commission to-
(a) make a report to him in respect of any matter specified by him relating to an election; or
within a reasonable period specified by him (generally or in a particular case) and such a report shall be in addition to a report referred to in subsection (1).
(b) conduct a review into any such matter and make a report to him,
(4) The Commission shall comply with any requirement made under subsection (3).
(5) Where the election supervised by the Commission is an election of the Chief Executive, a report under subsection (1) must include a report on-
(a) the formation of the Election Committee; or
as appropriate, unless such a report has already been included in another report previously made under subsection (1). (Replaced 25 of 2003 s. 53)
(b) the subsector by-election, if any, that precedes the election of the Chief Executive,
(6) The period within which the report referred to in subsection (5) is to be made shall begin only on the conclusion of the election of the Chief Executive. (Replaced 25 of 2003 s. 53)
(6A) If an election is a village ordinary election in a series of village ordinary elections, the period within which the report in relation to that election is to be made under subsection (1) shall begin only on the conclusion of that series of village ordinary elections. (Added 2 of 2003 s. 68)
(7) In this section-
series of village ordinary elections (系列鄉村一般選舉) means all the village ordinary elections to elect the Village Representatives whose terms of office will commence on the same date under the Village Representative Election Ordinance (Cap 576);
subsector by-election (界別分組補選) has the meaning assigned to it by the Chief Executive Election Ordinance (Cap 569);
village ordinary election (鄉村一般選舉) has the meaning assigned to it by the Village Representative Election Ordinance (Cap 576). (Replaced 2 of 2003 s. 68)