|79||Title:||SURVIVING SPOUSES' AND CHILDREN'S PENSIONS ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||17||Heading:||Mode of making elections||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Any election authorized to be made under this Ordinance shall be in writing and shall be made to the Director of Accounting Services.
(2) The date of the making of the election shall be deemed to be the date of the receipt of the written notification of the election by the Director of Accounting Services.
(3) After the expiry of any period within which an election under this Ordinance is required to be made, any such election shall be irrevocable.
(4) The Secretary for the Civil Service or the Directors may in their discretion in any special circumstances extend the period for making any election under this Ordinance. (Amended 3 of 1993 s. 21)
(5) Where an officer dies during the period within which he may make any election under this Ordinance without making that election, and he leaves a surviving spouse or children who would benefit from a pension that might enure under this Ordinance, the Secretary for the Civil Service may make the election on behalf of the officer if he considers that it would have operated to the advantage of the beneficiaries, and for all purposes of this Ordinance the election shall be deemed to have been made by the officer immediately before his death. (Amended 3 of 1993 s. 21)