(1) In any institution in which medicines are dispensed in a dispensing or pharmaceutical department in the charge of a person appointed for the purpose, all poisons other than those issued for use within the institution shall be stored in that department.
(2) In any institution to which paragraph (1) does not apply all poisons other than those issued for use within the institution shall be stored-
(a) in the charge of a person appointed for the purpose by the governing body or person in control of the institution; and
(b) in the case of substances included in the First Schedule either in a cupboard or drawer, or on a shelf, reserved solely for the storage of poisons.
(3) No poison shall be stored on an open shelf, unless the container of the poison is distinguishable by touch from the containers of any other substances stored in the same premises. (L.N. 137 of 1978)
(4) In every institution, every substance in the First Schedule which is stored in the wards shall be stored in a locked cupboard reserved for the storage of poisons. (L.N. 137 of 1978)
(5) All places in which poisons are required by this regulation to be stored shall be inspected at regular intervals of time not exceeding three months by a registered pharmacist or registered medical practitioner appointed for the purpose by the governing body of the institution and a record of all inspections shall be made in a book kept at the institution.