Alteration of registered trade mark
(s. 55 of the Ordinance) (Forms T5B & T5S)
(1) A request under section 55 of the Ordinance to alter a registered trade mark shall be filed on the specified form.
(2) The Registrar may at any time require the owner of the registered trade mark to file reasons for and evidence in support of the request.
(3) Where the Registrar proposes to allow the alteration, he shall publish a notice of the alteration in the official journal, which notice shall include a representation of the trade mark as proposed to be altered in the register.
(4) Subject to rule 55, where a request is filed under this rule, the Registrar may-
(a) allow the alteration (if he is satisfied that it complies with section 55 of the Ordinance);
(b) allow the alteration in part (if he is satisfied that only a part of the alteration complies with section 55 of the Ordinance); or
(c) disallow the alteration (if he is satisfied that it does not comply with section 55 of the Ordinance).
(5) Where the Registrar allows the alteration in whole or in part, he shall make the appropriate entry in the register.