(1) The Director may on application grant a provisional licence permitting the carrying on of any food business mentioned in section 31(1) where the applicant satisfies the Director- (L.N. 349 of 1998)
(a) that the conditions mentioned in sections 33(1)(b), (c), (d), (e), (f), (fa), (g), (h), (i), (m), (n), (o) and (p) and 33A have been complied with; and (L.N. 57 of 2010)
(b) that any requirements issued by the Director of Fire Services have been complied with. (L.N. 349 of 1998)
(2) The Director shall not consider an application for a provisional licence unless the applicant has applied to the Director for a full licence for the carrying on of any food business mentioned in section 31(1) in respect of the same premises. (L.N. 349 of 1998)
(3) A provisional licence shall be valid for a period of 6 months from and including the date of its issue.
(4) A provisional licence may be renewed on one occasion, and only on one occasion at the absolute discretion of the Director.
(5) A provisional licence that is renewed under subsection (4) shall be valid for a period of 6 months from and including the date of its renewal or such lesser period as may be specified in the provisional licence.
(6) The fee for the grant or renewal of a provisional licence shall be half of the prescribed fee for a full licence.
(7) If a full licence is granted before the expiry of a provisional licence, any refund of part of the fee paid in respect of the provisional licence will be made on a pro-rata basis. Any fraction of $1 in the refund shall count as $1.