(1) An application for payment from the Fund under this Part shall, subject to section 25-
(a) be made to the Board; and
(b) unless the Board otherwise directs, be made in the manner and form specified by the Board. (Amended 16 of 2002 s. 13)
(2) Upon receipt of an application under this Part, the Board shall carry out such inquiries as it considers necessary to make a determination under section 22.
(3) It is the duty of every applicant to assist the Board in carrying out inquiries under this section, and where an applicant fails without reasonable excuse so to assist the Board, the Board may, notwithstanding any other provision, determine that the applicant shall not be entitled to payment from the Fund.
(4) For the purpose of carrying out inquiries under this section the Board may-
(a) require the employer (or the employee's representative) or the employee or his member of the family or representative, the employer's insurer or any other employee of the employer to furnish such information or particulars relating to an application; and (Replaced 16 of 2002 s. 13)
(b) make such inquiries from any other person connected or associated with the application,
as the Board considers necessary.
(5) Where, by reason of the failure of a person other than an applicant to comply with a requirement or respond to an inquiry of the Board under subsection (4) an applicant or the Board incurs additional expense in proving or determining an application under this Part, such additional expense is recoverable from that person by the applicant or the Board as a debt due to the applicant or the Board, as the case may be.