||Title:||COPYRIGHT TRIBUNAL RULES||Gazette Number:|
(1) As soon as practicable after every party has delivered his statement of case or answer, or the time limited by these rules for doing so has expired, the chairman shall appoint a date and place for the attendance of the parties for the purposes of his giving directions as to the further conduct of the proceedings.
(2) The clerk shall give to every party not less than 14 daysˇ¦ notice of the date and place appointed under paragraph (1).
(3) On the appointment, the chairman shall, after giving to every party attending the appointment an opportunity of being heard, and after considering any representations in writing made by any party, give such directions as he thinks fit with a view to the just, expeditious and economical disposal of the proceedings and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, may give directions as toˇV
(4) The chairman may postpone, or adjourn to a later date to be appointed by him, the giving of any directions under this rule.
(a) the date and place of the oral hearing if one is desired by any party;
(b) the procedure to be followed in regard to the submission and exchange of written arguments if no party requires an oral hearing;
(c) the date after which no amended statement of case or answer may be delivered without leave;
(d) the preparation and delivery by the originator of a schedule, to be agreed by all parties, setting out the issues to be determined by the tribunal and the contentions of each party in relation thereto;
(e) the admission of any facts or documents;
(f) the discovery and inspection of documents;
(g) the giving of evidence on affidavit;
(h) the consideration by the tribunal of any objection made to an intervenerˇ¦s credentials.
(5) At any time after directions have been given under this rule, the chairman may, whether or not any application in that behalf has been made under rule 13, give such further directions as he may think fit.
(6) If any party fails to comply with any direction or order given or made under this rule or rule 13, the chairman may give such consequential directions as may be necessary and may order such party to pay any costs occasioned by his default.