|156||Title:||DENTISTS REGISTRATION ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||5||Heading:||Meetings of the Council||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) The Council shall meet at such times and such places as the Chairman may appoint, and the Council shall also meet at the request in writing of at least 4 members, addressed to the Chairman. (Amended 4 of 1988 s. 4)
(2) At any meeting of the Council 4 members, including not less than 1 member appointed under section 4(2)(d), shall be a quorum.
(3) The validity of any proceedings of the Council shall not be affected by any vacancy among the members thereof or by any defect in the appointment of a member thereof.
(4) All questions coming or arising before a meeting of the Council shall be decided by a majority of the members of the Council present and voting thereon.
(5) The Chairman at any meeting of the Council shall have an original vote and also, if upon any question the votes shall be equally divided, a casting vote except in an inquiry under section 9 or 18 at which he shall have only an original vote. (Amended 4 of 1988 s. 4)