ELECTORAL AFFAIRS COMMISSION (REGISTRATION) (ELECTORS FOR LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL FUNCTIONAL CONSTITUENCIES) (VOTERS FOR ELECTION COMMITTEE SUBSECTORS) (MEMBERS OF ELECTION COMMITTEE) REGULATION
L.N. 200 of 2001
Electoral Registration Officer may require personal particulars of persons to be registered as ex-officio members of Election Committee
(1) For the purpose of preparing an Election Committee register, the Electoral Registration Officer may require a public authority within the meaning of section 9(7) to furnish information as to the personal particulars of any person who is- (L.N. 200 of 2001)
(a) a Hong Kong deputy to the National People's Congress; or
(b) a Member of the Legislative Council. (L.N. 307 of 1999)
(2) Subject to subsection (3), a person of whom a requirement is made under subsection (1) must furnish the information within a period specified by the Electoral Registration Officer.
(3) If the Electoral Registration Officer thinks it fit, that Officer may extend the period referred to in subsection (2) in any particular case. If the period is so extended, the person concerned must furnish the information within the extended period.
(4) For the avoidance of doubt, it is declared that the Electoral Registration Officer may make a requirement under this section only for the purpose of preparing an Election Committee register. (L.N. 200 of 2001)
(5) A person may use information obtained under this section only for the purpose of preparing an Election Committee register or in connection with an investigation or proceedings relating to an offence under this Regulation. (L.N. 200 of 2001)
(6) In this section, "prepare" (擬備) means compile, revise, correct or publish. (L.N. 200 of 2001)