|162C||Title:||MIDWIVES (REGISTRATION AND DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE) REGULATION||Gazette Number:||L.N. 315 of 1999|
|Section:||32||Heading:||Notice in relation to postponement of determination||Version Date:||01/01/2000|
(1) If the Council decides to postpone the making of a determination to a further meeting, the secretary shall, at least 7 days before the date fixed for such further meeting, serve on the respondent a notice inviting the respondent to attend that meeting.
(2) The notice referred to in subsection (1) shall specify the date, time and place fixed for the Council's meeting at which a determination is to be made.
(3) If there is a complainant in respect of the charge, the secretary shall, in so far as it is practicable, serve on the complainant a copy of the notice referred to in subsection (1).
(4) At the further meeting appointed under section 31(3), the Council may require the secretary to recall, for the Council's information, the position in which the case stands and the Council may hear any other party to the proceedings.
(5) The Council shall then consider and determine whether the facts alleged in any charge before the Council have been proved to its satisfaction and whether the respondent is guilty of the offence charged.
(6) If the Council comes to a determination, the chairman shall announce the determination, including the reasons for making the determination, in such terms as the Council may approve, and notify the respondent and, in so far as it is practicable, the complainant of the determination.