Renewal of certain driving instructors' licences issued under regulation 22(4)
(1) This regulation applies to a driving instructor's licence that-
(a) is issued under regulation 22(4); and
(b) does not entitle its holder to give driving instruction in respect of all classes of motor vehicles in the group in respect of which the application is made.
(2) Subject to paragraph (4), the Commissioner shall renew a driving instructor's licence to which this regulation applies on receipt of an application in a form specified by the Commissioner, signed by the applicant, together with-
(a) his identity document; and (L.N. 49 of 2007)
(b)-(c) (Repealed L.N. 49 of 2007)
(d) the fee prescribed in the Second Schedule.
(3) An application for renewal of a driving instructor's licence to which this regulation applies may be made at any time-
(a) during the period of 4 months before its expiry, such renewal to be effective from the date of expiry;
(b) within 15 days after the date of its expiry, such renewal to be effective from the date of expiry;
(c) during the period exceeding 15 days but not exceeding 3 years after the date of its expiry, such renewal to be effective from the date of renewal.
(4) The driving instructor's licence shall not be renewed if the applicant has been convicted of an offence under section 36, 36A, 39, 39A, 39B, 39C, 39J, 39K, 39L, 39O(1) or 39S of the Ordinance since the driving instructor's licence was issued to him. (24 of 2011 s. 25)
(5) A driving instructor's licence renewed under paragraph (2) in respect of any group shall entitle the applicant to give driving instruction only in respect of those classes of motor vehicles in that group in respect of which the applicant has held full driving licence for a period of at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of the application.