|528||Title:||COPYRIGHT ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||57||Heading:||Material communicated to the Government in the course of public business||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) This section applies where a work has in the course of public business been communicated to the Government for any purpose, by or with the licence of the copyright owner and a document or other material thing recording or embodying the work is owned by or in the custody or control of the Government.
(2) The Government may, for the purpose for which the work was communicated to it, or any related purpose which could reasonably have been anticipated by the copyright owner, copy the work, or issue or make available copies of the work to the public without infringing any copyright in the work.
(3) The Government may not copy a work, or issue or make available copies of a work to the public, by virtue of this section if the work has previously been published otherwise than by virtue of this section.
(4) In subsection (1) "public business" (公務) includes any activity carried on by the Government.
(5) This section has effect subject to any agreement to the contrary between the Government and the copyright owner.