(1) An application for a licence or permit shall be made in writing to the Director in the prescribed manner.
(2) After considering an application under subsection (1) the Director may-
(a) issue to the applicant a licence or a permit, as the case may be; or
(b) refuse to issue a licence or permit.
(3) Where the Director refuses to issue a licence or a permit he shall send to the applicant a notice of the refusal and state in the notice the reasons for the refusal.
(4) A licence may authorize the holder in respect of-
(a) registered pesticides generally;
(b) all pesticides registered in Part I of the register or any such pesticides as may be specified in the licence; or
(c) all pesticides registered in Part II of the register or any such pesticides as may be specified in the licence. (Amended 79 of 1990 s. 11)
(5) Subject to subsection (6), the Director may issue a licence subject to such conditions as he may think fit. (Amended 79 of 1990 s. 11)
(6) A licence authorizing the sale of a pesticide shall be subject to the conditions of registration of that pesticide. (Replaced 79 of 1990 s. 11)
(7) The Director may issue a permit subject to such conditions as he may think fit and any permit issued shall specify the unregistered pesticide to which it relates. (Amended 79 of 1990 s. 11)
(8) The Director may at any time vary the particulars of a licence or permit or modify, add to, or cancel, the conditions of a licence or permit.