|493||Title:||NON-LOCAL HIGHER AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (REGULATION) ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||L.N. 566 of 1997|
|Section:||26||Heading:||Appeal Board||Version Date:||01/12/1997|
Adaptation amendments retroactively made - see 55 of 2000 s. 3
(1) Every appeal made under section 11, 12 or 15 shall be determined by the Appeal Board to be known as the Non-local Higher and Professional Education Appeal Board.
(2) The Chief Executive shall appoint a person to be the Chairman of the Appeal Board and such number of persons as he thinks fit to be the Deputy Chairmen of the Appeal Board. (Amended 55 of 2000 s. 3)
(3) Subject to subsection (7), the Chairman or any Deputy Chairman shall be appointed for a term of not more than 2 years but may be reappointed.
(4) A person appointed under subsection (2) shall be a solicitor or barrister within the meaning of the Legal Practitioners Ordinance (Cap 159).
(5) The Chief Executive shall appoint a panel of persons whom he considers suitable for appointment under section 27 as members of the Appeal Board. (Amended 55 of 2000 s. 3)
(6) An appointment under subsection (2) or (5) shall be notified in the Gazette.
(7) The Chairman and any Deputy Chairman or person appointed under subsection (5) may at any time resign by notice in writing to the Chief Executive. (Amended 55 of 2000 s. 3)
(8) No public officer shall be appointed to be the Chairman, Deputy Chairman or member of the panel under subsection (2) or (5).