Form of ballot papers and order of appearance of names of candidates on ballot papers
(1) Subject to subsection (2), a ballot paper to be used to vote at a subsector election is to be in Form 1 in Schedule 2.
(2) If the Commission has made a direction under section 56(2) in relation to a subsector by-election, the ballot paper to be used to vote at the subsector by-election is to be in Form 2 in Schedule 2.
(3) The Commission may decide-
(a) to have a ballot paper printed in white or in colour or a colour pattern;
(b) the colour in which a ballot paper is to be printed or the colour pattern to be printed on a ballot paper;
(c) to have the ballot papers for different subsectors printed in different colours or with different colour patterns;
(d) whether or not to have a design on the back of a ballot paper;
(e) the design to be printed on the back of a ballot paper; or
(f) to have different designs printed on the back of ballot papers for different subsectors.
(4) The order in which the names of candidates appear on a ballot paper is to be determined by the Returning Officer by the drawing of lots. A number is to be allocated to each candidate in accordance with the result of the draw.
(5) A candidate may be present at the drawing of lots under this section or be represented by a person authorized in writing by him or her.
(6) The Returning Officer must give notice to each candidate of the arrangements for the drawing of lots under this section.
(7) A ballot paper is to contain the following information-
(a) the name of the candidate;
(b) if the Commission so determines, the address of the candidate as shown on the notice of nominations that has been published under section 18; and
(c) the number allocated to the candidate under this section.
(8) In the case of the death or disqualification of a candidate who has been allocated a number under this section, the name of the candidate and the information under subsection (7) relating to that candidate-
(a) are to be omitted from the ballot paper; or
(b) if printed on the ballot paper, are to be crossed out in accordance with section 37(2).
(9) The number allocated to a candidate under this section is not to be altered even if the information relating to another candidate for the subsector concerned who has died or is disqualified is omitted from the ballot paper or crossed out under subsection (8).
(10) A ballot paper is to have the date and description of the subsector election printed on the front of it.
(11) A number may be printed on the counterfoil of a ballot paper, but that number is not to be printed or shown in any manner on the ballot paper.
(12) A notice required to be given to a candidate under subsection (6) may be given to the election agent of the candidate instead of to the candidate.