||Title:||ELECTORAL AFFAIRS COMMISSION (REGISTRATION OF ELECTORS) (LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL GEOGRAPHICAL CONSTITUENCIES) (DISTRICT COUNCIL CONSTITUENCIES) REGULATION||Gazette Number:||L.N. 284 of 1999|
|Section:||11||Heading:||Electoral Registration Officer to correct entries in existing final register in compiling next provisional register||Version Date:||19/11/1999|
Caution : This is a past version. See the current version for the latest position.
(1) A person whose name or other personal particulars are recorded in the existing final register may make a written request of the Electoral Registration Officer to alter the entry relating to him or her and supply information as to how it should be altered. (L.N. 284 of 1999)
(2) If the Electoral Registration Officer-
that Officer must, when compiling the next provisional register, record in the appropriate place in the register the personal particulars of the person corrected in accordance with the information supplied by him or her. If the Electoral Registration Officer is satisfied that the entry is correct, that Officer must not alter it.
(a) receives a request under subsection (1) during the relevant period specified in subsection (5); and
(b) is satisfied that the entry is incorrect and should be corrected,
(3) If it appears to the Electoral Registration Officer, from information obtained during the relevant period specified in subsection (5), as a result of an inquiry or otherwise, that a particular in an entry in the existing final register is incorrect, that Officer may, when compiling the next provisional register, record the corrected particular in the appropriate place in the register.
(4) If the Electoral Registration Officer makes a correction under subsection (2) or (3), that Officer must inform the person concerned of the correction in writing. If the Electoral Registration Officer decides not to alter an entry when requested to do so under subsection (1), that Officer must notify the person concerned, by registered post, of the decision.
(5) For the purposes of subsections (2) and (3), the relevant period is, in relation to the compilation of-
(a) - (b) (Repealed L.N. 284 of 1999)
(ba) the provisional register for 2000, after 1 March 1999 but not later than 16 March 2000; and (L.N. 284 of 1999)
(c) any subsequent provisional register, after 29 April in the preceding year but not later than 16 March in the current year. (L.N. 284 of 1999)