||Title:||BARRISTERS (QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION AND PUPILLAGE) RULES||Gazette Number:||L.N. 92 of 2003|
(1) The Examination shall consist of 5 examination papers known as Papers I, II, III, IV and V respectively.
(2) The Examination shall cover the following subjects-
(3) The Bar Council shall administer the Examination in the manner as it may in its absolute discretion deem fit.
(a) Paper I-
(i) Contract; and
(b) Paper II-
(i) Property Law (including real and personal property);
(c) Paper III-
(ii) Conveyancing; and
(iii) Equity (including the Law of Trusts);
(i) Criminal Law; and
(d) Paper IV-
(ii) Criminal Procedure and Criminal Evidence;
(i) Hong Kong Legal System and Constitutional and Administrative Law; and
(e) Paper V-
(ii) Company Law; and
(i) Civil Procedure and Civil Evidence;
(ii) Professional Conduct; and
(4) The Examination shall be held at least once every year at such time as the Bar Council may determine.
(5) A person shall not be eligible to sit the Examination or any part of it unless he-
(a) holds a valid certificate of eligibility for admission; and
(b) has paid the relevant fee prescribed in Schedule 1.