||Title:||FERRY SERVICES ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||62 of 1999|
|Section:||13||Heading:||Alteration of services and provision of new services||Version Date:||01/07/1997|
Adaptation amendments retroactively made - see 62 of 1999 s. 3
(1) Subject to this section, the Chief Executive in Council may by notice in writing to the grantee authorize it, before the expiration of such period as may be specified in the notice, to- (Amended L.N. 387 of 1987)
(2) Where under subsection (1) the Chief Executive in Council authorizes a grantee to operate a new ferry service, he may confer on the grantee the exclusive right to operate such service.
(a) alter a franchised service in the manner specified in the notice, whether by way of increasing or reducing the number of points of call, or otherwise;
(b) operate a new ferry service under the franchise between such points of call as may be specified in the notice.
(3) The grantee shall operate a new ferry service or an altered franchised service authorized under this section in accordance with the authorization.
(4) The period referred to in subsection (1) shall be-
(5) The Chief Executive in Council shall not give an authorization under subsection (1) unless the grantee agrees in writing to the proposal.
(a) in the case of a notice given under paragraph (a) thereof, not less than 6 months; and
(b) in the case of a notice given under paragraph (b) thereof, not less than 12 months.
(6) A grantee may apply in writing through the Commissioner requesting the Chief Executive in Council to alter a franchised service or to operate a new ferry service under this section.
(7) An application under subsection (6) shall be made, unless the Chief Executive in Council otherwise directs, not less than 6 months before the proposed alteration or new ferry service is to come into force.
(8) The Commissioner may with the consent of the Chief Executive in Council by agreement with a grantee permit the grantee to cease operating a ferry service.
(Amended 62 of 1999 s. 3)