||Title:||SUBSIDIZED SCHOOLS PROVIDENT FUND RULES||Gazette Number:||3 of 2003|
Caution : This is a past version. See the current version for the latest position.
(1) Contribution to the Fund by a contributor employed in a subsidized school shall be at the rate of 5 per cent of the contributor's basic salary, including any allowances approved for that purpose by the Permanent Secretary, and, except with the consent of the Permanent Secretary, shall only be payable in respect of periods during which the contributor draws his basic salary. (L.N. 88 of 1976; L.N. 79 of 2000; 3 of 2003 s. 17)
(1A) Contribution to the Fund by a contributor employed in a DSS school shall be at the rate of 5 per cent of the contributor's salary under his contract of employment, and, except with the consent of the Permanent Secretary, shall be payable only in respect of periods during which the contributor draws such salary. (L.N. 79 of 2000; 3 of 2003 s. 17)
(2) Subject to paragraph (2A), contributions shall be deducted from each contributor's salary monthly by the supervisor of the school who shall within 7 days thereafter pay to the treasurer the amount of such deduction. (L.N. 240 of 1982)
(2A) Where an option to contribute to the Fund is exercised with retrospective effect under rule 7(2A) or (2B)*, any contributions payable by a contributor in respect of the retrospective period shall be deducted, in such instalments as the Permanent Secretary may determine, from the salary of the contributor monthly by the supervisor who shall within 7 days thereafter pay to the treasurer the amount of such deduction. (L.N. 240 of 1982; 3 of 2003 s. 17)
(3) It shall be the duty of the supervisor of every school to maintain a separate account for each contributor employed in the school and every such account shall specify- (L.N. 79 of 2000)
(4) The total of each contributor's account as maintained by the supervisor shall be reconciled annually with the treasurer.
(a) all contributions paid thereto;
(b) all donations made by Government thereto under rule 9; (L.N. 79 of 2000)
(ba) all donations made by the school thereto under rule 9A (if applicable); and (L.N. 79 of 2000)
(c) such other credits as may from time to time be communicated to the supervisor by the treasurer.
(5) On application to the supervisor, every contributor shall be entitled to inspect at any reasonable time the account standing in his name.
* Rule 7(2A) and (2B) has been repealed and is reproduced as follows:
"(2A) An option to contribute to the Fund by a teacher to whom paragraph (1)(d) applies (other than a teacher first appointed to a subsidized school on or after 24 June 1982) or by a teacher to whom paragraph (1A) applies-
(2B) Where an option has been exercised by a teacher before 24 June 1982 and by virtue of paragraph (2)(b)(ii) such option is retrospective to a date after the date of his first appointment to a subsidized school, the teacher may exercise an additional option, not later than 3 months after 24 June 1982, to contribute to the Fund from the date of his first appointment to a subsidized school or from 1 September 1980, whichever is the later. (L.N. 240 of 1982)".
(a) shall be irrevocable; and
(b) if exercised not later than 3 months after 24 June 1982, may be retrospective to the date of his first appointment to a subsidized school, or to such other date after such first appointment, as the teacher may specify in the option, but in any event shall not be retrospective to a date earlier than 1 September 1980. (L.N. 240 of 1982)