Caution : This is a past version. See the current version for the latest position.
(1) An aircraft shall not land or take off in Hong Kong unless a noise certificate or other documentary proof which is required by section 3 of the Ordinance is-
(a) carried on the aircraft; or
(b) in the case of a flight which is intended to begin and end at the same aerodrome, kept at that aerodrome.
(2) If an aircraft does not comply with paragraph (1) its owner and operator each commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $50000.
(3) The commander of an aircraft shall, within a reasonable time and in any event within 24 hours after being requested to do so by the Director, cause to be produced to the Director the noise certificate or documentary proof required by section 3 of the Ordinance.
(4) If the commander of an aircraft fails to comply with paragraph (3)-
(a) he commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $10000; and
(b) the owner and operator of the aircraft each commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $50000.
(5) It shall be a defence in proceedings against the owner or operator of an aircraft for an offence under paragraph (4)(b), for the owner or operator to prove that at the date of the alleged offence he did not know, and could not with reasonable diligence have discovered, that the commander had failed to comply with paragraph (3).