||Title:||Road Traffic (Registration and Licensing of Vehicles) Regulations||Gazette Number:||L.N. 14 of 2006|
|Regulation:||12F||Heading:||Determination of application for personalized registration mark||Version Date:||10/03/2006|
(1) On receipt of a deposit under regulation 12D(1), the Commissioner shall, in his discretion, determine whether to accept or refuse the application concerned.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the Commissioner°¶s discretion under subregulation (1), the Commissioner shall refuse an application if, in his opinion, the proposed personalized registration mark°X
(3) If the Commissioner determines that an application shall be refused, he shall°X
(a) is likely to be offensive to a reasonable person, or has a connotation offensive to good taste or decency;
(b) refers to any triad title or nomenclature or otherwise has a triad connotation;
(c) is likely to cause a reasonable person to believe that the motor vehicle on which the registration mark is displayed belongs to or the person using the vehicle represents any of the following°X
(i) the Hong Kong Garrison or any office set up by the Central People°¶s Government in Hong Kong;
(d) may cause danger to the safety of any user of the road; or
(ii) the Government;
(iii) any public body;
(iv) any country or the government of any country; or
(v) an international organization in which the Government participates in any capacity;
(e) is confusing for the purposes of law enforcement.
(4) On determining that an application shall be accepted, the Commissioner shall, subject to subregulation (5), notify the applicant in writing that°X
(a) notify the applicant in writing of the refusal and the reasons therefor; and
(b) refund to the applicant the deposit paid by him under regulation 12D(1).
(5) Subregulation (4) shall not apply if the proposed personalized registration mark is a cancelled personalized registration mark (taking into account only the sequence of arrangement of the letters and numerals) and that cancelled personalized registration mark has been allocated under regulation 12Q(7), in which case the Commissioner shall°X
(a) the application is accepted; and
(b) subject to regulation 12G, the proposed personalized registration mark is approved as personalized registration mark to be offered for sale by auction on a day to be fixed by the Commissioner in his discretion.
(6) The Commissioner is not required to notify the applicant concerned under subregulation (5)(a) if he is the person to whom the cancelled personalized registration mark is allocated under regulation 12Q(7).
(a) subject to subregulation (6), notify the applicant concerned in writing of the allocation; and
(b) subject to regulation 12Q(6), refund to the applicant the deposit paid by him under regulation 12D(1).
(25 of 2005 s. 10)