|313X||Title:||SHIPPING AND PORT CONTROL (WORKS) REGULATION||Gazette Number:||L.N. 290 of 2006|
|Section:||30||Heading:||Testing and examination of lifting appliances||Version Date:||02/01/2007|
(1) A lifting appliance shall not be taken into use if it has not been duly tested and examined.
(2) A lifting appliance that has been taken into use shall not be used again if it has not been duly tested and examined, within the preceding 5 years.
(3) A lifting appliance of which any stress-bearing part has been substantially altered or repaired shall not be used if the lifting appliance has not been duly tested and examined after the alteration or repair.
(4) If there is a contravention of subsection (1), (2) or (3), the owner of the lifting appliance and the person in charge of works commit an offence and each is liable on conviction to a fine at level 3.
(5) For the purposes of subsections (1), (2) and (3), a lifting appliance has been duly tested and examined if¡X